Have you started a website, and are continually refreshing your analytics page hoping more followers and viewers will show up? Or perhaps you have a pretty well established site, but wonder if your site could be doing better? Are you wondering how you can better market your website each and every day without spending hours on end doing it?
1. Write/create quality content every day
The #1 way in which to market your website each and every day is to work on creating quality content each and every day. If you don’t have quality content, you will never convert visitors into followers.
Now this does not mean, publish content every day, unless of course, you can create quality content every. single. day. Most of us can’t seem to create quality content on the daily…and that’s just fine. Instead of focusing on publishing lots of content, refocus on publishing quality content that is tailored towards your target audience. It is so much better to write 1-2 quality posts each week, rather than 3-5 sub-par posts each week.
This month set a goal to focus on the quality of your blog posts you publish instead of the quantity of blog posts.
Tips for creating quality content daily
- Keep a notepad or your smart phone on hand to write down ideas, thoughts, or inspiration that come to you throughout the day.
- Write/create with your target audience in mind; forget appealing to the masses. Not sure who your target audience is? Try this exercise. Create a fictional person who is your ideal reader. What are their passions? Career? Family life? Etc. This simple exercise will help you to create a laser focused target audience.
- Write/create what you are passionate about. Your best posts, will be those that you have a passion for. A great way to keep your passions and interests alive is to be continually learning and growing yourself. This will help to fuel your fire for blog posts.
- Just write/create! Don’t worry about editing, just write/create! You can proof read and edit later.
- Formulate a working title with your keyword(s) in it. For SEO purposes and for higher Google rankings, be sure to include your keyword in your title as your blog content.
- Organize your content. Make your content easy to read. Include lists, bullets, italics, bolds, etc. Your readers want to easily read through your content. Even the best content in the world won’t entice readers if it’s hard to read.
- Include high quality images. Most people are visual (more on this further down), so make sure you include high quality images with every single post.
2. Create/update social media accounts
Now days everyone is so connected on one form of social media or another it’s crucial that you are updating your sites social media accounts on the daily.
What if you don’t have social media accounts set up for your site? Get them set up! Honestly, they are that important to marketing your website.
Popular social media accounts
3. Network within your niche
A great way for sites to market themselves is to network within their own niche. This means, if you’re a fashion blogger, you need to network with fellow fashion
bloggers and not just any random site.
Benefits of networking within your niche:
1. Opens the door to collaborations within your niche.
2. Allows you to market towards your target market.
3. Will increase your readership over time.
The ultimate goal with any marketing strategy is to increase conversion and create a following. By networking within your niche, you have a very high chance of increasing your readership and followers over time.
How to network effectively:
1. Leave comments, advice, or ask questions on other sites.
2. Write guest posts for fellow blogs.
3. Build relationships with fellow sites.
4. Be persistent, but not overbearing.
The key to networking effectively is to remember that it’s not all about you. Be gracious and giving. Try to help other sites achieve success. If you are constantly just looking out for yourself and your best interests, fellow sites will lose interest in your pursuits quickly! Instead, remember the golden rule, ‘Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.’
Marketing doesn’t need to be costly and timely in order to be effective, it just needs to be consistent and good quality marketing. By 1) creating quality content 2) updating social media accounts, and 3) networking within your niche daily; you will have an effective marketing strategy in place.
Remember to be patient and consistent with your marketing efforts. Marketing is not a sprint, it’s a marathon.
Follow the 3 simple way to marketing your website each day for long term marketing success.
Objective Inc. App Development specializes in mobile app creation, web development, UI/UX development and ecommerce development. They're pleased to have been the recipients of Utah's 'Best of State' award for eight years running. They're also the creators of Built for Teams PTO Tracking Software.